CODE OF CONDUCT
Farm League Brewing believes that “craft beer is for everyone” but acknowledges that the work needs to be done within our communities to make that a reality. We pledge to provide a safe, inclusive and positive experience not only for our staff and vendors but also for our guests.
We are dedicated to creating an environment and experience that is accessible and safe for everyone, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion. Behaviour from Farm League management, staff, vendors or patrons contrary to this will not be tolerated.
Examples of unacceptable behaviour include and are not limited to:
• Belittling, or subtle expressions of bias
• Verbal, physical, or written abuse or assault
• Bullying, intimidation, or victimization
• Inappropriate use of company property or assets
• Failure to comply with company values
• Illegal activity Harassment including:
‣ Offensive comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neuro(a)typicality, physical appearance, body size, age, race, or religion.
‣ Unwelcome comments regarding a person’s lifestyle choices and practices, including those related to food, health, parenting, drugs, and employment.
‣ Deliberate misgendering or use of ‘dead’ or rejected names.
‣ Gratuitous or off-topic sexual images or behavior in spaces where they’re not Appropriate.
‣ Physical contact and simulated physical contact without consent or after a request to stop.
‣ Threats of violence.
‣ Incitement of violence towards any individual, including encouraging a person to commit suicide or to engage in self-harm.
‣ Deliberate intimidation.
‣ Stalking or following.
‣ Harassing photography or recording, including logging online activity for harassment purposes.
‣ Sustained disruption of discussion.
‣ Unwelcome sexual attention.
‣ Pattern of inappropriate social contact, such as requesting/assuming inappropriate levels of intimacy with others ° Continued one-on-one communication after requests to cease.
‣ Deliberate “outing” of any aspect of a person’s identity without their consent except as necessary to protect vulnerable people from intentional abuse.
‣ Publication of non-harassing private communication.
Farm League Brewing is committed to providing a supportive and respectful workplace free of discrimination and harassment. We are committed to being a space where all team members are treated with respect, dignity and have access to equal opportunities.
Should any team member experience any of these behaviours via a fellow team member, vendor or patron, we encourage them to approach the management team they are most comfortable with to have it addressed. If a team member is unable to comply with our expectations as stated, corrective action will be taken, up to and including termination.
Farm League is committed to the following action items for the remainder of 2021 and going forward into 2022:
• Bystander intervention training via Hollaback organization
• Developing an anonymous reporting system via a third party organization
• Implementing a system for staff to deal with harassment from guests